The Arc Stevens County holds two fund-raising events each year – a Spring Rose sale and a Noon Luncheon / Bake Sale. Local community members and groups participate with crafts and bake sale items.
Regional Fitness Center memberships (University of Minnesota – Morris) and summer camp scholarships for The Arc Stevens County members are funded by these events.
Other events include a spring picnic for members, staff and families; and a Christmas program presented by the non–denominational religion classes with a party following.
Dates and/or results for 2017 events are as follows:
(Click on an event heading to see a photo gallery from previous years).
- Rose Sale –
- 2017 Rose Sale
- Arc Stevens County’s 20th annual Rose Sale was held on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. This year we used the DAC Carwash Garage as our headquarters for distributing roses, which means we enjoyed controlled heat, plenty of space, clean, and limited sunlight.
- Net Profit: Approx. $6,500
- We are grateful to the volunteers who helped deliver the roses so efficiently.
- They include:
- Chuck Spohr
- Liz Spohr
- Cheryl Higgins
- Millie Tschetter
- Paul Bankord
- Kelly Schmidgall
- Carole Johnson
- Dennis Johnson
- Steve VanKampen and
- Liz Harris
- Nicole Wenz, a D.A.C. staff member, coordinated the sales staff at Willie’s Supervalu. Margaret Kearnes assisted at the garage, and Verna Zeiher tabulated all the income.
- A total of 610 dozen roses were sold again this year. We don’t have the figures for the delivery cost yet, but the total income should be around $6,500.
- Proceeds from the Rose Sale go toward RFC memberships and/or summer camperships up to $200 per client. In 2017, 47 people received RFC Memberships and/or trip reimbursements for a total of $8,281.00.
- Thank you to everyone who assisted with the Rose Sale and a huge thank you to Mark and Michelle Raths who do such a superb job of coordinating the sale.
- Spring Picnic –
- The Arc Stevens County’s Spring picnic is a celebration for our clients, staff, members and families, followed by our Arc Stevens County board meeting. It is held on the first Monday in May each year.
- Our 2017 Spring Picnic was held on May 1st.
- To get an idea of how much fun we have, check out our picnic gallery to view photos from a previous years’ picnic.
- Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale –
- 2017 Bake Sale/Noon Luncheon
- The Bake Sale/Noon Luncheon for 2017 will be on Wednesday, October 18, 2017.
- 2015 Bake Sale/Noon Luncheon Results
- Arc Stevens County’s annual Fall Bake Sale/Noon Luncheon was held Wednesday, October 21st, 2015, at the American Legion in Morris. Arc Stevens County is grateful to all of the contributors, helpers, and attendees.
- Net Profit: $7,088.74
- A huge thank you to the women of the Apostolic Christian Churches for coordinating the Bake Sale and to Verna Zeiher for coordinating the Noon Luncheon. Thank you, too, to all of the volunteers who worked so hard pricing and placing donations, as well as those who worked setting up and taking down the dining room and kitchen. This is truly a community effort.
- Velma Domnick won the beautiful quilt this year.
- The proceeds from this event go directly to people with developmental disabilities living in Stevens County in the form of Regional Fitness Center memberships and/or summer camperships/trips. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
- Christmas Program
- Check back soon to get details regarding The Arc Stevens County Christmas Program for 2017.
- This event is open to the public.
Total results were:
610 dozen roses
Total results were:
Meals and Donations
|Bake Sale and Donations||4,659.85|
|Morris Trib./Hancock Record||99.05|