The Arc Stevens County holds two fund-raising events each year – a Spring Rose sale and a Fall Noon Luncheon / Bake Sale. Local community members and groups participate with crafts and bake sale items.
Regional Fitness Center memberships (University of Minnesota – Morris) and summer camp scholarships for The Arc Stevens County members are funded by these events.
Other events include a spring picnic for members, staff and families; and a Christmas program presented by the non–denominational religion classes with a party following.
Dates and/or results for our most recent events are as follows:
(Click on an event heading to see a photo gallery from previous years).
- Rose Sale –
- 2018 Rose Sale
- The Arc Stevens County’s 21st annual Rose Sale was held Tuesday, April 17th! The roses arrived on Monday around noon to the DAC Carwash garage, which is a perfect location — controlled heat, plenty of space, clean, and with limited sunlight. We had time to deliver the Floral Shop orders in the afternoon which gave us a little more lee-way to get the other deliveries made on time. We are grateful to volunteers who helped deliver the roses very quickly.
- They include:
- Chuck Spohr
- Loren Woodke
- Cheryl Higgins
- Deb Brunko
- Paul Bankord
- Kelly Schmidgall
- Carole Johnson
- Dennis Johnson
- John Luetmer
- Chris Hopkins
- Steve VanKampen, and
- Liz Harris
- In addition, Nicole Wenz, a D.A.C. staff member, and several D.A.C. clients coordinated the sales staff at Willie’s Supervalu. Margaret Kearnes and Verna Zeiher assisted at the garage. Verna Zeiher had the huge job of tabulating all the income. We are especially grateful to Willies SuperValu for providing space and a table for the in-store part of the Rose Sale and to Mark Raths for setting it up.
- A total of 610 dozen roses were ordered this year and sold before 1:00 p.m.
- Net Profit: $6,756.17
- Thank you to everyone who assisted with the Rose Sale and a huge thank you to Mark and Michelle Raths who do such a superb job of coordinating the sale and to Kelly Schmidgall for helping deliver pre-sale envelopes. Our small chapter has the largest sales in the state on a per capita basis. We couldn’t do that without our dedicated volunteers!
- Proceeds from the rose sale go toward RFC memberships and/or summer camperships up to $200 per client. In 2017, 38 individuals received a total of $6,655 in camperships and/or RFC memberships.
Total results were:
610 dozen roses
- Spring Picnic –
- The Arc Stevens County’s Spring picnic is a celebration for our clients, staff, members and families, followed by our Arc Stevens County board meeting. Our 2018 Spring Picnic was held May 7th.
- To get an idea of how much fun we have, check out our picnic gallery to view photos from a previous years’ picnic.
- Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale –
- Arc Stevens County’s annual Fall Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale for 2018 will be held on October 17, 2018 at the American Legion in Morris. Morning coffee and rolls will be served beginning at 9:00 a.m. The luncheon will begin at 11:30 a.m. and continue until 1:00 p.m.
- Garden produce, baked goods and some handmade items will be available. Due to a change in DAC funding, there will be a limited number of craft items for sale.
- Hot dishes, salads, rolls, condiments and pies will be featured. Proceeds from this event are applied to RFC memberships and camperships for Stevens County clients.
- 2017 Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale Results
Total results were:
Meals and Donations
|Bake Sale and Donations||3,040.00|
|Morris Trib./Hancock Record||70.70|
- Net Profit: $5,234.37
- A huge thank you to the women of the Apostolic Christian Churches for coordinating the Bake Sale and to Verna Zeiher for coordinating the Noon Luncheon. Thank you, too, to all of the volunteers who worked so hard pricing and placing donations, as well as those who worked setting up and taking down the dining room and kitchen. This is truly a community effort.
- The winner of the quilt raffle was Carol Voorhees.
- The proceeds from this event go directly to people with developmental disabilities living in Stevens County in the form of Regional Fitness Center memberships and/or summer camperships/trips. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
- Christmas Program
- The Arc Stevens County Christmas Program for 2017 was held on Sunday, December 3rd at the Assumption Church in Morris. The program featured a Christmas Pageant and familiar carols. Community members, parents, staff and friends were in attendance. Lunch was served by the Swan Lake 4-H club following the program.
- This event is open to the public.