The Arc Stevens County holds two fund-raising events each year – a Spring Rose sale and a Fall Noon Luncheon / Bake Sale. Local community members and groups participate with crafts and bake sale items.
Regional Fitness Center memberships (University of Minnesota – Morris) and summer camp scholarships for The Arc Stevens County members are funded by these events.
Other events include a spring picnic for members, staff and families; and a Christmas program presented by the non–denominational religion classes with a party following.
(Click on an event heading to see a photo gallery from previous years).
- 2020 Rose Sale
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our 2020 Rose Sale had to be cancelled to comply with social distancing requirements and to ensure the safety of our members.
- 2019 Rose Sale Results
- The Arc Stevens County’s 22nd annual Rose Sale was held Tuesday, April 9th! The roses arrived on Monday afternoon to the DAC Carwash garage, which is a perfect location — controlled heat, plenty of space, clean, and with limited sunlight. We had time to deliver the Floral Shop orders in the afternoon. Then we had the roses available for pickup by 9:00 a.m. the next morning. We are grateful to volunteers who helped deliver the roses very quickly.
- We thank all of them for the speedy, efficient delivery of 600 dozen roses.
- In addition, Nicole Wenz, a D.A.C. staff member, Cindy Solvie, Prairie Community Services, and several D.A.C. clients coordinated the sales staff at Willie’s Supervalu. We are especially grateful to Willie’s SuperValu for providing space and a table for the in-store part of the Rose Sale and to Mark Raths for setting it up.
- A total of 600 dozen roses were ordered this year and sold by 3:00 p.m.
- Net Profit: $6,500.
- Thank you to everyone who assisted with the Rose Sale and a huge thank you to Mark and Michelle Raths who did such a super job of coordinating the sale and to Kelly Schmidgall and the Horton 4-H Club for delivering the pre-sale envelopes.
- Proceeds from the rose sale go toward RFC memberships and/or summer camperships up to $200 per client. In 2018, $7,793.00 was paid out for 39 clients in the form of RFC memberships, trips and camperships.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Arc Stevens County had to get creative with events in order to ensure the safety of our clients. So, this year in compliance with social distancing and our governor’s order to "shelter in place", we had a virtual picnic!
- The event took place on the previously scheduled day, which was Monday, May 4th. Willies SuperValu made sack lunches and each house had their own picnic! We have posted on the homepage the photos submitted by residential staff.
- We found this to be a creative solution to the difficult times we are experiencing. Clients have really missed their social opportunities and were thrilled to have an event, even if only with house staff. Although only 3 houses submitted photos, you can also check out photos from previous years in our picnic gallery.
- Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale –
- Arc Stevens County’s annual Fall Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale for 2020 will be held on October 21, 2020 at the American Legion in Morris.
- 2019 Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale Results
- Arc Stevens County’s annual Fall Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale for 2019 was held on October 16, 2019 at the American Legion in Morris. Arc Stevens County thanks everyone who contributed monetarily, brought food or other items for the bake sale and/or luncheon, or provided assistance in any way.
Total results were:
Meals and Donations
|Bake Sale and Donations||4,219.35|
|Stevens County Times||70.70|
|American Legion Rental||75.00|
- Net Profit: $5,010.18
- A great big thank you to the women of the Apostolic Christian and Faith Churches for coordinating the Bake Sale, and to Verna Zeiher for coordinating the Noon Luncheon.
- Thank you, too, to all of the volunteers who worked so hard pricing and placing donations, setting up and taking down the dining room, and helping in the kitchen. This is truly a community effort.
- The proceeds from this event go directly to people with developmental disabilities living in Stevens County in the form of Regional Fitness Center (RFC) memberships and/or summer camperships/trips. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
- Christmas Program
- The Arc Stevens County Christmas Program for 2019 will be held on Sunday, December 8th at 1:30 at the First Lutheran Church in Morris. The weekly, non-denominational religion class will present the program featuring the Christmas Pageant and familiar carols. Community members, parents, staff and friends are invited to attend. Lunch will be served by the Swan Lake 4-H club following the program. This date is a week later than usual so that DAC clients who go home for Thanksgiving weekend will not miss the program.
- This event is open to the public.