Advocacy, Resources, Community (A.R.C., Inc.) holds two fund-raising events each year – a Spring Rose sale and a Fall Noon Luncheon / Bake Sale. Local community members and groups participate with crafts and bake sale items.
Regional Fitness Center memberships (University of Minnesota – Morris) and summer camp scholarships for A.R.C. Inc. members are funded by these events.
Other events include a spring picnic for members, staff and families; and a Christmas program presented by the non–denominational religion classes with a party following.
(Click on an event heading to see a photo gallery from previous years).
- 2021 Rose Sale a Huge Success
- Who would have ever guessed that after a year without a rose sale because of COVID-19, A.R.C. Inc. (Advocacy, Resources, Community) would be able to sell 880 dozen roses! HURRAY!!
- A lot of hard work by Mark and Michelle Raths and Kelly Schmidgall and wonderfully supportive people who purchased the roses made for a very successful ’21 Rose Sale.
- We thank all of them for the speedy, efficient delivery of 880 dozen roses.
- In addition, Mary Ann Reimers and Barb Spaulding sold roses at Willie’s SuperValu.
- There has to be a story about 880 roses. The usual supplier in Minneapolis couldn’t supply that many roses at one time due to COVID and rain in Equador, where their roses are grown. So Michelle reached out to Amy Zimmel at Sweet Lily’s in Morris, who called her supplier in Sioux Falls. They were able to get that many roses on fairly short notice and they turned out to be “the best” I’ve seen in 25 yewars of rose sales. They came from Columbia, S.A.
- Thank you Amy and Michelle. A financial report of the Rose Sale will be available in the fall newsletter.
- 2020 Rose Sale
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our 2020 Rose Sale had to be cancelled to comply with social distancing requirements and to ensure the safety of our members. Plans for a Rose Sale in the Spring of 2021 will be discussed at our October 2020 meeting. Please check back for updates.
- The annual Spring Picnic will be held Monday, May 3rd at 5:30 p.m. at the Pomme de Terre Park on the Mill Dam Road east of Morris.
- All clients, members, families, staff, and anyone supporting our membership are invited to attend.
- Advocacy, Resources, Community (A.R.C., Inc.) will supply a picnic lunch prepared by Willie’s SuperValu. The lunch will consist of grilled brats and burgers prepared by Paul Martin.
- Buns, individual salad cups, small bags of potato chips, packs of ketchup and mustard, cookies, and bottles of water will also be supplied. If you prefer a different beverage, you may bring your own. Thank you to John Luetmer for making the arrangements for the picnic.
- We hope the weather will be nice and everyone can come and enjoy a spring afternoon, while social distancing. The chapter meeting will follow the picnic. Agenda items include election of officers and legislative updates. All members are invited to attend the meeting.
- You may also want to check out photos from a previous year’s picnic in our picnic gallery.
- Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale –
- Advocacy, Resources, Community (A.R.C., Inc.)’s annual Fall Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale scheduled for October 21, 2020 will not be held due to COVID‑19 concerns. We hope to be able to continue the Fall Luncheon/Bake Sale in 2021 on Wednesday, October 20th at the American Legion in Morris. Check back here for future updates.
- 2019 Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale Results
- The annual Fall Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale for 2019 was held on October 16, 2019 at the American Legion in Morris. A.R.C., Inc. thanks everyone who contributed monetarily, brought food or other items for the bake sale and/or luncheon, or provided assistance in any way.
Total results were:
Meals and Donations
|Bake Sale and Donations||4,219.35|
|Stevens County Times||70.70|
|American Legion Rental||75.00|
- Net Profit: $5,010.18
- A great big thank you to the women of the Apostolic Christian and Faith Churches for coordinating the Bake Sale, and to Verna Zeiher for coordinating the Noon Luncheon.
- Thank you, too, to all of the volunteers who worked so hard pricing and placing donations, setting up and taking down the dining room, and helping in the kitchen. This is truly a community effort.
- The proceeds from this event go directly to people with developmental disabilities living in Stevens County in the form of Regional Fitness Center (RFC) memberships and/or summer camperships/trips. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
- Christmas Program
- Advocacy, Resources, Community (A.R.C., Inc.) Christmas Program for 2020 has been canceled in light of the pandemic. Hopefully, we can resume this activity in 2021. Please check back here for updates on this and other events.
- The Arc Stevens County Christmas Program for 2019 was held on Sunday, December 8th at 1:30 at the First Lutheran Church in Morris. The weekly, non-denominational religion class will presented the program featuring the Christmas Pageant and familiar carols. Community members, parents, staff and friends attended and everyone had fun. Lunch was served by the Swan Lake 4-H club following the program.
- This event is open to the public.