The Arc Stevens County holds two fund-raising events each year – a Spring Rose sale and a Fall Noon Luncheon / Bake Sale. Local community members and groups participate with crafts and bake sale items.
Regional Fitness Center memberships (University of Minnesota – Morris) and summer camp scholarships for The Arc Stevens County members are funded by these events.
Other events include a spring picnic for members, staff and families; and a Christmas program presented by the non–denominational religion classes with a party following.
(Click on an event heading to see a photo gallery from previous years).
- 2019 Rose Sale Results
- The Arc Stevens County’s 22nd annual Rose Sale was held Tuesday, April 9th! The roses arrived on Monday afternoon to the DAC Carwash garage, which is a perfect location — controlled heat, plenty of space, clean, and with limited sunlight. We had time to deliver the Floral Shop orders in the afternoon. Then we had the roses available for pickup by 9:00 a.m. the next morning. We are grateful to volunteers who helped deliver the roses very quickly.
- We thank all of them for the speedy, efficient delivery of 600 dozen roses.
- In addition, Nicole Wenz, a D.A.C. staff member, Cindy Solvie, Prairie Community Services, and several D.A.C. clients coordinated the sales staff at Willie’s Supervalu. We are especially grateful to Willie’s SuperValu for providing space and a table for the in-store part of the Rose Sale and to Mark Raths for setting it up.
- A total of 600 dozen roses were ordered this year and sold by 3:00 p.m.
- Net Profit: $6,500.
- Thank you to everyone who assisted with the Rose Sale and a huge thank you to Mark and Michelle Raths who did such a super job of coordinating the sale and to Kelly Schmidgall and the Horton 4-H Club for delivering the pre-sale envelopes.
- Proceeds from the rose sale go toward RFC memberships and/or summer camperships up to $200 per client. In 2018, $7,793.00 was paid out for 39 clients in the form of RFC memberships, trips and camperships.
- The Arc Stevens County’s Spring picnic is a celebration for our clients, staff, members and families, followed by our Arc Stevens County board meeting. Our 2019 Spring Picnic was held on Monday May 6th, 5:30 p.m. at the Stevens County DAC.
- To get an idea of how much fun we have, check out our picnic gallery to view photos from a previous years’ picnic.
- Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale –
- Arc Stevens County’s annual Fall Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale for 2019 will be held on October 16, 2019 at the American Legion in Morris. Morning coffee and rolls will be served beginning at 9:00 a.m. The luncheon will begin at 11:30 a.m. and continue until 1:00 p.m.
- Garden produce, baked goods and some handmade items will be available. Due to a change in DAC funding, there will be a limited number of craft items for sale.
- Hot dishes, salads, rolls, condiments and pies will be featured. Proceeds from this event are applied to RFC memberships and camperships for Stevens County clients.
- 2018 Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale Results
Total results were:
Meals and Donations
|Bake Sale and Donations||4,229.50|
|Stevens County Times||70.70|
|American Legion Rental||75.00|
- Net Profit: $8,618.00
- A great big thank you to the women of the Apostolic Christian Churches fro coordinating the Bake Sale, and to Verna Zeiher for coordinating the Noon Luncheon.
- Thank you, too, to all of the volunteers who worked so hard pricing and placing donations, setting up and taking down the dining room, and helping in the kitchen. Also, thank you to the “crew” that brought scrub pails and “elbow grease” to clean the kitchen the day before.
- The proceeds from this event go directly to people with developmental disabilities living in Stevens County in the form of Regional Fitness Center memberships and/or summer camperships/trips. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
- Christmas Program
- The Arc Stevens County Christmas Program for 2018 was held on Sunday, December 2nd at 1:30 at the First Lutheran Church in Morris. The weekly, non-denominational religion class presented the program featuring the Christmas Pageant and familiar carols. Community members, parents, staff and friends were in attendance. Lunch was served by the Swan Lake 4-H club following the program.
- This event is open to the public.