The Arc Stevens County holds two fund-raising events each year – a Spring Rose sale and a Fall Noon Luncheon / Bake Sale. Local community members and groups participate with crafts and bake sale items.
Regional Fitness Center memberships (University of Minnesota – Morris) and summer camp scholarships for The Arc Stevens County members are funded by these events.
Other events include a spring picnic for members, staff and families; and a Christmas program presented by the non–denominational religion classes with a party following.
Dates and/or results for our most recent events are as follows:
(Click on an event heading to see a photo gallery from previous years).
- Rose Sale –
- 2018 Rose Sale
- The Arc Stevens County’s 2018 Rose Sale is nearly here! This year’s Rose Sale will be begin with pre-order envelopes being made available by March 21st. Orders will be due by March 30th. Mark and Michelle Raths have consented to coordinate the pre-order part of the Rose Sale again this year. We thank them for all the work that goes into this process.
- The cost of a dozen roses will again be $20.00. The colors are red and lollipop (mixed colors). We thank everyone who orders roses and/or assists in any way to support our fundraising effort. Our small chapter has the largest sales in the state on a per capita basis. We couldn’t do that without our dedicated volunteers!
- 2017 Rose Sale Results
- The 2017 Rose Sale was held on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. We used the DAC Carwash Garage as our headquarters for distributing roses, which means we enjoyed controlled heat, plenty of space, clean, and limited sunlight.
- Net Profit: $6,568.50
- We are grateful to the volunteers who helped deliver the roses so efficiently.
- They include:
- Chuck Spohr
- Liz Spohr
- Cheryl Higgins
- Millie Tschetter
- Paul Bankord
- Kelly Schmidgall
- Carole Johnson
- Dennis Johnson
- Steve VanKampen and
- Liz Harris
- Nicole Wenz, a D.A.C. staff member, coordinated the sales staff at Willie’s Supervalu. Margaret Kearnes assisted at the garage, and Verna Zeiher tabulated all the income.
- A total of 610 dozen roses were sold again this year. The total income is $6,568.50.
- Proceeds from the Rose Sale go toward RFC memberships and/or summer camperships up to $200 per client. In 2017, 38 individuals received $6,655 for RFC memberships and camperships/trips.
- Thank you to everyone who assisted with the Rose Sale and a huge thank you to Mark and Michelle Raths who do such a superb job of coordinating the sale.
- Spring Picnic –
- Our 2018 Spring Picnic is scheduled for May 7th.
- The Arc Stevens County’s Spring picnic is a celebration for our clients, staff, members and families, followed by our Arc Stevens County board meeting. It is held on the first Monday in May each year.
- To get an idea of how much fun we have, check out our picnic gallery to view photos from a previous years’ picnic.
- Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale –
- The 2018 Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale will be held on October 17, 2018. We hope to see you there!
- Results for 2017 Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale
- Arc Stevens County’s annual Fall Noon Luncheon/Bake Sale was held Wednesday, October 18th, 2017, at the American Legion in Morris. Arc Stevens County is grateful to all of the contributors, helpers, and attendees.
- Net Profit: $5,234.37
- A huge thank you to the women of the Apostolic Christian Churches for coordinating the Bake Sale and to Verna Zeiher for coordinating the Noon Luncheon. Thank you, too, to all of the volunteers who worked so hard pricing and placing donations, as well as those who worked setting up and taking down the dining room and kitchen. This is truly a community effort.
- The winner of the quilt raffle was Carol Voorhees.
- The proceeds from this event go directly to people with developmental disabilities living in Stevens County in the form of Regional Fitness Center memberships and/or summer camperships/trips. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
- Christmas Program
- The Arc Stevens County Christmas Program for 2017 was held on Sunday, December 3rd at the Assumption Church in Morris. The program featured a Christmas Pageant and familiar carols. Community members, parents, staff and friends were in attendance. Lunch was served by the Swan Lake 4-H club following the program.
- This event is open to the public.
Total results were:
610 dozen roses
Total results were:
Meals and Donations
|Bake Sale and Donations||3,040.00|
|Morris Trib./Hancock Record||70.70|